NORTH WEST or READING based (flexible)
The Hoover Candy Group, known worldwide as a maker of quality domestic appliances is looking to appoint a new Head for Built-in Appliances with full responsibility for all Built-in commercial opportunities in the UK and Ireland.
The business sells Baumatic, Hoover and Candy branded Built-in products in the UK and Irish markets. Hoover acquired Baumatic in November 2013 and Baumatic operates from a Reading base. Hoover Candy Built-in sales are based at our Bromborough location on the Wirral near Chester.
The Company has decided to appoint a new Head of Built-in Sales & Marketing to provide strategic leadership to the overall UK Built-in operation looking after all UK brands. This role will report into the Chief Executive Officer.
You will ideally possess a proven track record of sales and management on a National basis in the white goods, small domestic appliance or consumer electronic marketplace. You will have experience of people management as you will be managing a team of roughly 25 people. You will have experience of building relationships with senior commercial and technical decision makers and ideally possess strong personal contacts with key players. You will be seeking an opportunity to take your career to the next level within a senior commercial capacity, or to build on an already successful career at this level.
As Head of Built-in Sales & Marketing you will have full P&L responsibilities for the Division and will oversee the development of new and existing business. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Division, including the financial performance, marketing, employees and sales.
The business sells into the major electrical and DIY retailers, kitchen manufactures, kitchen specialists and builder merchants, dealing at Head Office level with buyers and brand managers; ideally utilising existing contacts, the successful candidate will be an outstanding relationship builder, with the ability to lead and direct our Built-in Sales and Marketing teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- A history of successfully leading sales and marketing teams preferably in the built-in appliance sector.
- Overcome obstacles and be determined to succeed.
- The ability to develop and identify new profitable business.
- Strength in communication and negotiation.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of taking responsibility for the operations of the business; setting & ensuring standards of excellence and driving 'customer delight'.
- Taken overall responsibility for the implementation and launch of product ranges and the on-going growth, profitability and successful delivery of operations.
- Defined & implemented suitable performance management metrics & reporting structures to monitor performance against objectives.
- Set budgets for the coming year and executed the annual, medium-term & long-term plans for the business.
- Owned P&Ls and driven cost optimisation, setting targets, and monitoring results.
- Experience of planning, building & nurturing the infrastructure, resources, leadership & processes for delivery of the annual plan.
- Experience of talent acquisition, coaching, mentoring & retention of staff.
- Overall responsibility for the continued building of relationships with Key Accounts to maintain, develop and expand the Company’s product portfolio and again experience in Key Accounts management will be required.
- Developed new business in developing sectors and feedback future development opportunities to the business.
- Previous experience, 3-5 years minimum in a similar business/divisional leadership role.
- Determination and a strategic approach to win business at all levels.
- Supplied strategic plans to encourage growth of their business or division.
We need an ambitious, hands-on professional and commercial Sales and Marketing Head, comfortable communicating across the business, and good at managing and motivating teams. You will need experience of both e-commerce and direct business development. In return you will receive a significant six figure salary package, accompanied by 25 days annual holiday, Company Car and BUPA.
To be considered for this outstanding and exciting opportunity, send me a full CV today.
Matthew Given, UK Group Director, Human Resources, Hoover Candy, Breightmet Industrial Estate, Bury Rd, Bolton, Lancs, BL2 6PU or email@example.com