How to cook frozen salmon in a microwave oven
Are you a fish lover but not confident on cooking it at home? Salmon is a rich source of vitamin B6 & B12, protein, and Omega-3, among other essential components in a diet. Perfectly cooked frozen salmon is a delicious dish with invaluable health benefits. It is a healthy dish to serve your family and guests for lunch or dinner, and better yet, using a microwave you can prepare delicious steamed salmon in no time at all. Check out our recommended recipes for mouth-watering dishes that will feed the whole family.
A recipe of frozen salmon for 2
Rest assured it is complete safe to cook salmon from frozen!
- 12 ounces fillets of frozen salmon (don’t thaw)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons mustard (Dijon)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (optional)
Method of preparation
- Place the frozen salmon in a baking dish and put in the microwave. Turn the microwave to high heat.
- Stir into a solution, the maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes (pepper is optional).
- Brush the maple mixture on the salmon. Spread evenly.
- Cover your baking dish with a microwave safe lid or cling film to bake for 15 minutes. Test with a knife; it should pierce the salmon easily – it should feel brittle.
- Uncover the salmon and roast for about 10 minutes (wild salmon may cook within 8 minutes). A fork should easily flake a ready salmon.
- Remove the cooked salmon from the microwave and let it remain uncovered for 3 minutes. The dish is ready for serving with pasta side or a hearty salad.
The preparation time is 5 minutes, and the cooking time is 24 to 25 minutes depending on the heat of your microwave. A perfect meal to impress friends, or a quick mid-week treats, the salmon can keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
A simple recipe of frozen salmon for 4
- 4 fillets frozen salmon (1 x 1 ½ x 4 inches)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoon margarine or butter
Instructions of preparation
- Place the salmon in a small casserole dish in the microwave.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on the surface.
- Apply butter or margarine on top.
- Cover the casserole and put it in the microwave.
- Turn on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cooked salmon from the microwave and serve with your preferred choice of side.
Cook time: 14 minutes
The dish is ideal for lunch with guests. Besides, you cannot have enough of it for family dinner.
Recipe for spicy salmon
- 6 ounces frozen salmon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 lemon slices (fresh cut)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper (optional)
- Place the salmon in a microwave container (skin side down)
- Season with salt (and pepper if you prefer)
- Prepare a mixture of sriracha sauce and mayonnaise
- Spread the mixture on the salmon fillet
- Add parsley and lemon slices
- Tightly cover the fillet and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes
- Use a fork to check if the salmon is flaky. If any portion is uncooked, microwave for about 30 seconds then garnish with lemon and parsley
- Serve hot with a choice salad or potatoes.
It’s easy to prepare delicious steamed salmon, and it’s such a versatile fish. On the Hoover Wizard App you’ll find loads of recipes for healthy but delicious food. Check out the range of Hoover microwave ovens we have on offer and you’ll be cooking up a storm to impress dinner guests and your family before you know it.