Simon Rimmer’s Baked Macaroni Ragu
Simon’s savoury winter warmer is perfect for an everyday meal. As a simple, quick recipe, this homemade pasta is ideal for a relaxing dinner after busy family days. Topped with three delicious cheeses, this mouth-watering dish will soon be a new favourite.
- 400g cooked macaroni
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 225g smoked bacon lardons, thickly cut
- 750g minced beef
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 sticks of chopped celery
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml beef stock
- 200ml cream
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian dried herbs
- 100g grated Gruyère
- 100g grated Parmesan
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Sliced garlic bread
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200c.
- Then, fry the bacon lardons and once crispy, remove and put to one side.
- In the bacon fat, fry the mince and once browned, remove from the pan.
- Gently fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic together for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Next, add in the minced beef with tomato puree and herbs, and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- After adding the tin of chopped tomatoes and stock to the pan, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- While cooking the sauce, boil the macaroni until al dente then remove and drain.
- Firstly, pour the cream into the sauce and stir, then add the softened macaroni and mix.
- Transfer the mix to an ovenproof dish and top with the grated cheeses and bake for 10-15 minutes. Once the cheese has melted and browned, remove from the oven.
Our range of Hoover Vogue Collection innovative appliances were designed with home cooks in mind. With sophisticated design and trusted performance, the advanced cooking technology will help you to achieve restaurant quality food at home.