Simon Rimmer’s Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
Who doesn’t love a deliciously chewy chocolate chip cookie? They really are the perfect comfort food that will help clear your mind of the stresses and worries of day-to-day life. Simon Rimmer has given us his fool-proof recipe to ensure cookie perfection each and every time.
This recipe can be really flexible too, so if you’re looking for a healthier alternative why not try replacing the chocolate with some dried fruit like raisins or cranberries, or dial down the sugar content and replace with a natural sweetener like honey.
- 100g granulated sugar
- 165g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 115g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 185g flour
- Half a tsp baking powder
- 100g milk choc chips
- 100g dark choc chips (if you can’t get choc chips then just chop up your favourite dark and milk chocolate bars into chip-sized pieces)
- First, pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Whisk the sugars, salt, vanilla, and butter until smooth
- Add the eggs and whisk for a further five minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and flour together then fold into the wet mix
- Once combined add the choc chips
- Cover your mixture and chill for at least an hour, or overnight if you can wait!
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 evenly sized balls
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the balls at least 50mm apart
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are starting to turn brown
- Cool until you can’t wait any longer
These cookies are best served warm, either on their own with that afternoon brew, or as an indulgent dessert with a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
The Vogue Collection of appliances has been designed with one focus in mind – home cooks. This range of innovative appliances enables food to be prepared to a high quality at home, not forgetting its sophisticated design. The advanced cooking technology provides a trusted performance in the kitchen, helping you to cook the way you live.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite mood-boosting tracks, that you can listen to on Spotify by clicking here.