Simon Rimmer’s Chicken and Chorizo Casserole
Now that the weather is getting cooler, it’s a good idea to stock up on some warming recipes that you can prepare with ease after work. Simon’s one-pot casserole is packed with Mediterranean flavours and will be a hit with the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 450g chicken thighs, skin on but deboned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g chopped chorizo
- Glug dry sherry
- 450g tinned butterbeans, rinsed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100g peas
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. In a deep, heavy bottomed pan fry the chicken thighs for 2 minutes on each side until seared, then remove and set to one side.
3. Fry the chorizo for 2 minutes and then top with a glug of sherry.
4. Add diced onion and garlic, cooking until soft before adding the tomatoes.
5. Place the chicken back in the pan along with the peas, beans and stock - mix well and don’t forget to season.
6. Cover and bake in a hot oven for approximately 45 minutes and finish with chopped parsley. Best served with crusty bread.
Hoover Induction Hobs offer advanced cooking technology, allowing you to gently simmer to boiling in seconds, leading to faster food preparation. The innovative electro-magnetic coil below the ceramic cooking surface is only activated when a saucepan with a ferrous metal base is placed on it, making cooking safe and more energy efficient, allowing you to cook the way you live.