Simon Rimmer ’s microwave chocolate hazelnut peanut butter mug cake
Homemade cakes are often a bit of a rarity for most people as the impression is that baking can be a bit complex and prone to unfortunate mishaps.
Fortunately, the mug cake is as easy as it gets, whilst still delivering the indulgent pay-off to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Peanut butter and Nutella become a match made in heaven in this Simon Rimmer recipe.
Ingredients – this recipe contains nuts.
• 30g butter - melted • 25g peanut butter
• 25g Nutella
• 1 egg
• 30g sugar
• 30g flour
• 40g cocoa powder
• Pinch baking powder
• 45g choc chips
1. In a bowl mix the melted butter, peanut butter and Nutella well.
2. Incorporate all the other ingredients, then spoon the mixture into a mug.
3. Microwave for 1 minute, stir then repeat.
4. After a total of 2 minutes the cake will be cooked through and gooey at the bottom – that’s perfect and ready to devour.
Microwaves are a great addition to the kitchen for when time is short; quick cooking and heating times help to preserve the nutrients in food while providing the ultimate convenience, view our full range here.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite mood-boosting tracks, that you can listen to on Spotify.