Simon Rimmer ’s microwave nachos
Nachos are ideal as a quick treat or a sharing side dish, and there are plenty of different options for adding flavour and texture! Simon recommends BBQ chicken topped with cheese, jalapeños and sour cream.
Remember the nacho chips are just a crunchy vehicle for your toppings, so choosing a lightly salted chip is the best option!
- Handful of nacho chips to cover a plate that fits in the microwave.
- 150g cooked chicken, chopped.
- 50ml BBQ sauce.
- 125g grated cheddar cheese.
- 12 jalapeño slices
- 75ml sour cream.
- Optional garnish – red onion and parsley
- Mix the cooked chicken and BBQ sauce together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, add your nacho chips and top with the BBQ chicken mixture
- Next, top with cheese and microwave for 1 minute until there’s plenty of melted cheesy goodness
- Finally, top with jalapeños, sour cream, red onion and parsley then enjoy!
Microwaves are a great addition to the kitchen for when time is short; quick cooking and heating times help to preserve the nutrients in food while providing the ultimate convenience, view our full range here.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite mood-boosting tracks, that you can listen to on Spotify.