Simon Rimmer ’s microwave Thai noodles
If you’re looking for a simple, interesting way to liven up your mid-week lunches, then Thai noodle dishes are a fantas-tic way to combine nutritional ingredients with the fragrant, punchy kick of Southeast Asian food.
Simon’s opted for flat rice noodles but you could also try a thin vermicelli-style as both are great for holding your sauce!
Ingredients – this recipe contains nuts
- 75g rice noodles.
- 200ml coconut milk.
- 2 tsp green Thai curry paste (add more if you like it spicy).
- Tbsp edamame beans.
- Half sliced pepper.
- 75g cooked chicken, shredded.
- Coriander, peanuts and lime slices to garnish.
- In a bowl mix together the coconut milk and green Thai curry paste well.
- Then, incorporate all the other ingredients (except the coriander) and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the ingredients, then place back in the microwave and cook for a further 2 minutes until thoroughly heated through.
- To garnish top with coriander, peanuts and lime slices.
Microwaves are a great addition to the kitchen for when time is short; quick cooking and heating times help to preserve the nutrients in food while providing the ultimate convenience, view our full range here.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite mood-boosting tracks, that you can listen to on Spotify.