Simon Rimmer’s Rosti-style Huevos Rancheros
Looking for some breakfast inspiration? Step away from the toast and cereal because this dish is perfect to spice up your mornings. Packed with nutritional veggies, this twist on the traditional, Mexican huevos rancheros will be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 finely diced red onion
- 2 finely chopped birds eye chillies
- 1 finely diced red and 1 green pepper
- 30g sweetcorn (from a tin drained)
- Oil to fry
- 8 chopped tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 grated large baking potato
- 1 crushed avocado
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 30g sour cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Add grated potato to a bowl and season well, form three rosti by pressing the potato together firmly.
- Warm a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add some oil. Fry the potato patties spread out in the pan for 3-4 minutes on each side (make sure the pan has a lid, as you’ll need this later)
- In a separate frying pan, sauté the onions, chillies, peppers, sweetcorn, and tomatoes for 5 minutes to create a salsa, then spoon the ingredients over the potatoes - these should still be cooking on a medium to high heat
- Make three wells in the mixture for the eggs, add a touch more seasoning and cover with the lid
- Cook this for 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are just done, to ensure runny yokes!
- Mix the avocado, sour cream and lime with salt and pepper to create the topping
- Add this on top of your rosti and salsa, with a final flourish of coriander and pumpkin seeds to garnish
- We’d recommend serving this dish with crusty bread and tucking in straight from the pan (great for saving on the washing up), but the choice is yours – it’ll be delicious no matter how you serve it!
The Vogue Collection of appliances has been designed with one focus in mind – home cooks. This range of innovative appliances enables food to be prepared to a high quality at home, not forgetting its sophisticated design. The advanced cooking technology provides a trusted performance in the kitchen, helping you to cook the way you live.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite tracks to help you relax and unwind, that you can listen to on Spotify by clicking here.