Simon Rimmer’s Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh is a quick and simple side dish that is perfect for finally using that bulgur wheat in your cupboard that you’re not quite sure what to do with. Bulgur wheat can sometimes have a reputation of being bland or tasteless, but Simon Rimmer’s Tabbouleh recipe puts those myth’s firmly to bed! It is laced with fresh herbs, tomato and onion and perfectly seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Delicious!
- 50g bulgur wheat
- 100ml boiling veg stock
- 50g chopped parsley
- 50g chopped mint
- 200g deseeded, chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 chopped spring onions
- Half a cucumber diced
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 75ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the bulgur wheat in a sieve until the water runs clear
- Put in a bowl, pour over the vegetable stock, and mix well. Cover with cling film or a plate and leave for about 30mins.
- Fluff it up using a fork and then allow to cool
- Now simply mix in the rest of the ingredients
Enjoy your Tabbouleh with some humous and other mezze delights, like warm pitta, pitta chips or served in fresh lettuce cups as a light starter.
The Vogue Collection range of appliances has been designed with one focus in mind – home cooks. This range of innovative appliances enables food to be prepared to a high quality at home, not forgetting its sophisticated design. The advanced cooking technology provides a trusted performance in the kitchen, helping you to cook the way you live.
If you’re looking for a playlist to cook along to, Simon has pulled together his favourite mood-boosting tracks, that you can listen to on Spotify by clicking here.