Simon Rimmer’s Chicken Kiev
If you’re in search of a simple yet hearty meal this winter, Simon’s chicken Kiev is a must-try. This delicious protein and vitamin-filled dinner is perfect for families looking for a classic favourite.
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 250g butter
- 4 x 175g chicken fillets
- 100g flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 175g fresh breadcrumbs
- 130g polenta
- Oil to fry
- 3 carrots
- 2 red onions
- ½ of a celeriac head
- 75g butter
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- A few tarragons leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- After blending the butter, garlic, lemon and tarragon together, roll the mixture into four balls.
- Next, wrap the balls in baking paper then place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours until solid.
- Using a baton, flatten the chicken, then place the frozen butter on the centre of each fillet. Fold the chicken around the butter and press until a round shape. Then, wrap the fillets in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the refrigerator and roll the chicken in flour, followed by egg, then into a mix of breadcrumbs and polenta, repeating the process until the chicken is well coated.
- Shallow fry each side of the kievs in oil then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Slice the vegetables before frying them in butter and lemon.
- Using the fried vegetables, make a bed on the plate and place the chicken kiev on top.
Don’t have a professional chef at home? You can achieve restaurant quality food with the Hoover Vogue Collection. Advanced cooking technology offers you the perfect recipe for the best performance in the kitchen, helping you to cook the way you live.